Are you a young person between 16 and 25 years old?
Farah Damji Director of Kazuri and Ben Ramsden founder of Pants to Poverty have teamed up to launch Best Foot Forward, a new social enterprise created to empower vulnerable young adults to create their best futures. We are looking for a group of motivated under 25s to participate in our challenging but fun, educational and financially rewarding programme. All will gain the opportunity to build a sustainable business which Farah and Ben are helping to kickstart. It starts with an eco friendly shoe shine, but it is so much more...
Featuring exclusive ethical products, this is a step-by-step guide to setting up a social enterprise. Workshops take participants on the journey of making a profit whilst helping people and the planet.
What will they learn?
The practical experience of running their own social enterprise, working as a team, conducting market research, identifying their target audience advertising, pricing, customer service, cash flow monitoring and planning ahead.
- A week's enterprise training with MyBnk and an enterprise in a box
- Experience of being in a workplace
- An understanding of delivering a service rather than constantly receiving and being beneficiaries
- Paid to do this
- Access to places they may never normally go, because they don't think they are "allowed"
- Team building skills
- Increased capacity in existing skills and being service oriented and customer facing
- Building small but credible pathways back into mainstream society by being seen as connectors
- Selling their enterprise to the recipients of the shoe shine (seedbombs, chocolates and lip balms and soaps very sweet).
The training runs over 2 consecutive Fridays , 24th and 31st January from 16:30 to 18:30 hrs. On Wednesday 29th and Thursday 30th January 2014 the attendees will gain practical experience shoe shining with our eco-friendly shoe polish at parliament, major city and investment banks and possibly, a royal palace From January we will have a selection of products from social enterprises in our boxes . Each team will be given a box with one of these products in. For more info please contact Rachel or Claire on 07936 543169